Pimento cheese needs a new public relations team
I only prepare pimento cheese to satisfy my own cheese-addiction issues. I love this stuff so much that I dream about it.
Pimento cheese was the dreaded family-reunion potluck dish for years. That’s because Aunt Wilma brought the store-bought stuff, and we all believed that’s what fancy folks did to try to kill us. Then I happened upon REAL pimento cheese. And my life changed. Yours will, too, and you will forever be indebted to me on this one.
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz. package sharp cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz. package Vermont white cheddar, shredded
- 1 8 oz. package gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup, Duke’s mayonnaise (the best!)
- 1 small jar of pimentos, drained
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- About ⅓ of a cup of sweet hot pickles (preference in photos)
- Mix well. And watch it disappear in a few days.
- Serve with crackers and hot pepper jelly.