Burrata with Tomato, Basil and Salami Salad
Burrata with Tomato, Basil and Salami
- Great salad for any night of the week.
- 8 ounces crusty sourdough bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 4 ounces chopped salami
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup olives, any kind you like and feta cheese
- Basil leaves, handful, torn
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Tear the bread up into pieces and arrange them, crusty side down, on a sheet pan. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, making sure to spread the evoo over the soft (fleshy) side of the bread. Broil for a couple of minutes, watching carefully for the bread to gain some color.
- Arrange the toasted bread pieces on a large platter. Add in the burrata, salami and tomatoes, and top with the remaining ingredients.
- Finish with a good dash of kosher salt and black pepper (particularly on the tomatoes and burrata), and a little red pepper flakes, if you don’t mind the heat. Drizzle olive oil all over and serve.